We chat to Kostas from the Kings Summer Central London (South Bank) management team in this two-minute interview.
1. What do you do at Kings?
I am Assistant Manager at the new London South Bank summer centre. I make sure that everybody eats and enjoys their excursions!
2. How long have you worked at Kings and what did you do before?
This is my fourth year with Kings. I also work in environmental education — I work with zoos and museums, making sure that the students visiting them learn in a fun way.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Interacting with different cultures.
4. What do you like most about the place you live [UAE]?
The food, especially shawarma which is a traditional Middle-Eastern food, pita with pieces of meat and vegetables.
5. Where is the best place you’ve visited?
Nepal. It has amazing people, but also amazing mountains.
6. What is the last book you read?
The Summit. It is about climbing big mountains and all the difficulties climbers have, but also all the personal rewards they get.
7. What is your favourite film?
Dead Poets Society. It is about solidarity and creativity.
8. Who would play you in a film of your life?
9. Which well-known figure would you most like to invite to dinner?
Charles Darwin. He was a pioneer and a well-respected person.
10. What is your favourite quote?
Don’t worry about something you can change and don’t worry about something you can’t change.